How to Clean Up Dog Poop: Mail Back the Poop to the Dog's Owner!

One mayor in Spain had a brilliant idea: send back the dog poop to the dog's owner in a nice, registered mail package, "cacaexpress". He sent it to some 150 dog owners and it worked! Dog owners in Brunete (pop. 10,000) are now seen busy picking up behind their dogs...

Here's the story in the Huffington Post: click here.

And here's a video from Jay Swanson that makes it very clear how prevalent the problem is also in France, starting with Paris:


And I can tell you the problem exists in Rome where I live and how!

The Spanish method has gone viral on Twitter with the hashtag #cacaexpress...It might be a good thing to imitate, what do you think?


Comments

Unknown said…
We've been fortunate that none of our neighbors have dogs which wander through our yard, so caca isn't a problem. However, I'd mail that junk back to the owners in a heartbeat if it ever happened, so I'm all for this clever and gently reminder that people need to pick up after themselves... and their offspring.

{I used the term "offspring" because it can apply to either pets or children, both of which leave messes in their wake!}
Andi-Roo I'm so glad to hear you agree! I personally love the idea...
Unknown said…
Lol! Loved the idea. I make sure that I carry the pooper scooper for dogs whenever I take my dog out. So that the people around do not have to see what they hate to see!